Why should you Rescue a Shelter Dog
Rescuing a dog from a shelter can be a very rewarding experience, you’re not only saving a dog’s life, but your also gaining a best friend. When I was a young girl my mom adopted our first dog Trixie, and from there on adopting became second nature in our family. So what are some reasons why should you rescue a shelter?
- There are many dogs to choose from, so many different breeds, special personalities, and different sizes, you will definitely be able to find the perfect pooch to fit your household and your lifestyle.
- Adopting a dog is cheaper than buying one from a pet shop or from a breeder, it will save you more in the long run to adopt.
- Adopting a dog can help no kill shelters get some free space so they can accept older and handicapped dogs into their shelter.
- Some dogs at shelters are already housebroken, leash trained, and trained on some tricks ( like sit, stay, and lay down).
- If you want to adopt an older dog, some are already trained and just need a companion. Would be a great companion for an older owner or someone who doesn’t have the time to train a puppy.
- When you adopt a dog from a shelter you know more about them, where they came from, their personality, and any behaviors that need more work. If you purchase a dog at a pet store or a breeder you really don’t know anything about the dog other than their breed.
- Most of the time when you adopt a dog from a shelter you get discounts and vouchers on spaying and neutering them.
Adopting a dog from a shelter, it can help save more than just one life, and help a shelter with the adoption fee that can help to keep the shelter able to save more dogs lives. So if you are thinking of adding a new family member with four paws, please consider adoption.