Dogs companionship offers so much to us humans, I’ve suffered from anxiety since a young girl. I would have panic attacks even going to the store, I never found anything that helped my anxiety. Until someone suggested I get a dog to ease my anxiety after everything I researched told me how a dog can help you. I decided I wanted a dog not to only help me but as a young child. I grew up around with 6 dogs that were my best friends. Lilly has helped me tremendously I am better in social situations and my anxiety has reduced so what are other ways dogs are loyal companions.
How dogs companionship help you physically
- Dog owners have lower bloodpressure and stress
- Dogs help lower cholesterol, dog owners have been found to have lower triglycerides and cholesterol than people who don’t own a dog.
- Dogs incress physical activity. dog owners are in better health because of dogs need to exercise and take care of the dog.
- Help older residents in nursing facilities with minor health proplems
- Dogs can predict seizures dog owners that have seizures have reported there dogs could sense there seizure before it happened.( Now they can train dogs to signal the owner before they were going to have a seizure) They are called seizure alert dogs or seizure alert dogs they can signal owner 15 to 45 minutes before a sezure.
- Some dogs can alert you if your blood sugar gets to low.
How Dogs Companionship give Emotional Support
- Promote social interaction
- help reduce stress anxiety and depression
- Most children who suffer a loss of a family member. children turn there pet for comfort
- Dog owners feel safer and calm gives comfort
- dogs make owners feel less lonely and less afraid of being robbed or if someone breaks into their home.
- Helps fulfill wanting to be needed
- Gives Consistency in owners lives
Social Benefits of Dogs Companionship
- Creates closeness with families surveys saying that adding a dog to a family makes the family happier together
- Helps with more social behavior when owners are with there dogs they tend to be more social
Dogs try to please there owners in anyway possible if they are sad trying to cheer them up. Dogs can feel what we are feeling. For example Lilly knows when I’m having a rotten day and if I’m in bed sleeping in. Dogs are loyal and great companions to anyone. Companionship between a owner and dog is strong they will always be there for no matter what.